Friday, December 28, 2012

My Bloody Valentine follow up to Loveless actually happening?


All signs head towards yes. This news was hard to believe at first since it feels Kevin Shields, master mind of the band, says the new album is coming out soon each year. With each year I simply ignored whenever he would bring it up during interviews,but this time it seems very very real.

For those that don't know My Bloody Valentine is regarded as the best shoegaze band alive and their album Loveless is not only a masterpiece in the shoegaze genre but a masterpiece in music period. Unfortunately, I feel that since Loveless is so highly regarded many don't take the time to check out their past projects which is as good as Loveless in different ways. If you only heard Loveless, do yourself a favor and check out the You Made Me Realise EP and their first album Isn't Anything.

The band has stated that the album was finished being mastered on 12/21/12 on their Facebook. This news made me jump up in joy. He also stated that he plans on releasing on their website by the end of this year. I really do hope this is true. While I'm not expecting Loveless 2, cause how could you follow up to a complete masterpiece. Shields has said that the few people who have heard it said it was "weirder" but he feels its a continuation of the sound on Loveless.

A 20 year gap between albums is a very huge gap and that's why I am keeping my expectations low, but that does not mean that I simply can not wait to hear newer My Bloody Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment